Wednesday, July 27, 2011

if i just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Guess what?  I haven't really been in the mood to blog lately. Or do anything really but just lie on my comfy bed and surf the web. Have you noticed? I think I just said verbatim what Katie said on her blog yesterday, so I'll just go ahead and copy her posts and inform you of recent happenings and thoughts in my life with a list. Except for mine is much longer with pictures. storyofmylife





  • Ever since our weekend with the Nuns, we're now on a Summer Program schedule. That means all 11 teachers rotate teaching days every other day from 10 AM to 12 PM. So 6 of us teach MWF mornings, and the other 5 teach T/TH. But we all still teach every night 4-6 or 5:30-7:30. It's been heaven to say the least.






  • With my extra free time I have watched lots more movies (in English!), including Harry Potter 7 Part Dos. All the teachers planned to see it on Saturday, July 16 at a matinee showing so we wouldn't have to worry about getting home in the dark. But on Thursday night, when all of our friends in Provo had already seen it by 9 PM (really, people! how does that even happen?!), we couldn't take it anymore. So Em and I decided on gchat to have a secret sister date and see it the next day ASAP.  We found the right combi to take us to the mall, we ate McDonald's, and we had the whole theater practically to ourselves. It was seriously one of the best days of my life. She happened to write a much sweeter account of this, but I happened to take all the pictures. So, there!
    harryandhannah
    Please tell me I look really tan. I feel like I'm losing it already.
    emandharry
    She always has way better outfits than I do. Therefore she gets actual comments on her blog from Katie. Such is life.
    mcdonaldsshot
    We NEVER eat Mickey D's in the USA, but "chicken" nuggets are like our family here!







  • I am suddenly addicted to PinterestAmanda is probs the coolest person I know so she's been using it for months? years? and I only jumped on this bandwagon in April and I already feel like I am out of control. 







  • If the worst thing I ever do in my whole life is tell Butcher Man Ivan my last name so he can find me on Facebook, then I say I'm doing alright folks. It could be far worse, right? Drugs? Alcohol? Teen Pregnancy? And just for the love of everything, my mom says that people probably think I have a boyfriend here in Mexico because of the way I talk about all the boys I flirty smile at. And so then I made an FB status about how crazy that is and it probably sounded racist and acquired like 18 comments. Just a little bit ridic, amigos. Let me just clarify for you folks: If I were to have a boyfriend here, I would be sent home IMMEDIATELY. It's against the rules of the ILP program. It is not that I have something against Mexican men. I am half Mexican for Pete's sake, though my pictures might say I'm Asian! But can you blame me if I certainly do miss flirting with boys? So it won't hurt a single soul if I just keep on keepin' on with my flirty smile daily walks. Comprendes, amigos? GOOD!








  • Last week my power cord decided it really hates me and has stopped charging my computer properly. I now have to hold it extremely tight or in odd positions just to get it to work. If you have you ever thought your life couldn't get much worse, just thank your lucky stars you're not taping your power cord on to your laptop every.single.night.






  • sidewayslaptop
    Yep, it's on its side because at this moment that's the only way it worked. Yep, that's scotch tape holding it securely on. 




  • This might be surprising to all of you, but I speak English. I'm half Mexican and I don't really know a ton of Spanish. I understand tons and tons more since living here, but my tongue just can't get it down fluently. I'm SORRY! So, when my host family takes me with them to all of their social events, I'm usually stuck sitting quietly watching the soccer game that's usually on, while everyone else talks around me at rapid Spanish speeds. For the most part, it's painfully awkward. If you know me at all, you know how much I hate awkward situations. PLEASE JUST GET ME OUT OF THERE. And then! A miracle happens! There are usually children around who are learning English at their schools. And suddenly, I've just become best friends with 12, 13, and the occasional 4 year olds. And I freaking love it. I don't know if that would actually happen in America, because usually I don't mingle with tweens (with the exception of my precious baby brother and cousins), but I am so glad it happens here. And I usually end up having the time of my life.
    rebecca
    This is Rebecca. She is 13 and actually the only one who spoke English, so she translated to the other kidlets for me.  I love her.
    otherninos
    The other kidlets: Iram (4), Sofia (12), and I didn't catch her name but she's cute!
    megamind
    Watching Megamind while the grown ups drink and gossip. Can you find my host bro's in there?
    • Speaking of my host brothers, I love them dearly. I really do. But they are teenagers. And they have the hardest time remembering to put the seat down, washing their hands, and not eating the whole gallon of ice cream in 1.5 days. Hey! I wanted some too! Dear Future Husband, please don't leave the seat up as often as they do. Or I might vomit daily because my gag reflex hates having to touch it with my hands ever.
    • With extra time on my hands, I feel super lazy. But I sort of love it because when will I have the time to be lazy as a grown up college grad in America? I am now on gchat for excessive periods of the days just catching up with my bffls. (If my 12&13 year old bffls had gmail, you know I'd be chatting with them all day) The current topic of discussion every time I chat with CC is this fantastically adorable child:
    valedress
    Vale in her "please stop taking pictures of me already" pose.

    You can barely hear it, but she does repeat me. All for you, Coco.

    • And I haven't forgotten about the many vacation posts I owe you. One of these days. 
    So that's that. In case you didn't know, I love being here. Really. Truly. I need to write a whole post on my infatuation with Mexico. But that's for another day. I'll see you in 3 weeks exactly, America.


    If you made it to the end, you know that somehow my font sizes and spacing got screwed up in the middle. And then I just decided WHO CARES. 







  • 2 comments:

    C. said...

    A comment, for Hannah. I am glad you now have plenty of free time to spend with me on gchat talking about Vale and Mexican food. Glad glad glad. bffl. bff. bf?! what. get one!

    Jillian said...

    i literally just LOLed while reading this post. you're hilarious my friend.