Wednesday, July 20, 2011

27 dresses... almost.

Best kept secret about my life: If there's one thing I'm great at, it's being a best friend. I really know what I'm doing in that department. And I have some of the greatest best friends in this whole universe. Truly.

But if you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk, verdad? Being a really great best friend usually then leads to a bridesmaid invitation. Sometimes even as a MAID OF HONOR. And if I'm great a being a best friend, you better believe I'm even better at being a bridesmaid.

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

May 2008- Savannah and Austin Haye's wedding, MOH
savannahwedding
The one to Savannah's left turned out to be quite the B as she attempted take over my role as MOH.  Not cool, not cool. 

tipsy
One of my better photos from this wedding. If you think I was tipsy here, you are wrong.

duties
Fulfilling duty #879 as MOH and fluffing out her train.



June 2009- Emily and Trey Posey's Wedding, normal bridesmaid
rehearsaldinner
Em and I at her rehearsal dinner.
IMG_8126
She is so lovely!

emwedding
For the life of me I can't find a picture of me and the bride together on the actual day.   Fun fact: I choked on chicken at this wedding reception. Brides don't need all the attention, do they?



IMG_8310
I just found this picture and thought it was funny. If you can't tell, Krysta is hiding in the middle making bunny ears on us.  


May 2010- Katie and TJ Derrick's Wedding, MOH
katiewedding
 How is it possible for me to look that Asian in 87% of my photos?



September 2010- Lindsey and Bryan Holgate's wedding, MOH almost

lindzwedding
Sad news: I was asked to be Lindzer's MOH, but was unable to attend.  They are so gorgeous, aren't they?


SO GUESS WHAT???

Another BFFL got engaged this weekend, and I couldn't be happier for them both. Bridesmaid round CINCO!

I'd show you a picture of the two of us, but it's still a tiny secret. Keep it on the DL, okay? Instead, please help me find the perfect dress. How many brides let you pick out your own dress in any color you want? This is gonna be awesome. 

Do I splurge on something from Anthropologie? Do I ask my crafty sister to refashion something for me? What colors are right for September? What would you wear in my situation? Help me out, amigos.

I am BEYOND excited for this wedding for a million reasons, you just have no idea!

And one last fun fact for your day: 3/4 of those brides pictured above are now pregnant. Best friends are also reallyyyyy good at spoiling babies. 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hannie, thanks for the memories! What I want to know is how the heck are you going to chose your MOH when the time comes! So many BFFs! You look beautiful in all of your pics! Have fun picking a dress! My advice would be to go with a nice Anthropologie dress that you can use again. You don't get that chance often, as I haven't seen you wear any of your previous bm dresses ever again! You know how we roll; get the most for your dollar!!! :)