post title lyrics from this song by The Civil Wars
Dear Hannah,
What happened to you? Where did you go? Are you alive? Did you get into graduate school? How much do you cry about House ending for good?
Very concerned for your well being,
Your Faithful Readers
Dear Lovely Readers,
I suppose you want to know a smidgen of my life since my last March update. I'll just bombard you with pictures and a few captions mostly. But here are the main points you should really make note of and care about:
-I got into graduate school at 2 of the 6 schools I applied to. Good enough for me.
-I'm moving back to Texas in August to attend Texas Women's University (don't worry, men go there too!) in Denton for the next 7 semesters to earn my Masters in Speech Pathology. And also don't worry, we don't ever mention this actually happening because I can't even begin to imagine life without my besties every single day.
-I'm still recovering from a recent heartbreak. But you probably didn't even notice because I've gotten better at faking it till I make it.
-I have the best friends in the universe.
-I love wedding season.
-I quit a job for the first time and it was the best decision of my life. (not the one with adorable kids, duh)
-I have a roommate under the age of 6 months and she's the cutest. Her mom is also pretty cool too.
-I'm training for a sprint triathlon on Labor Day in Texas. The horror of humidity! I must be crazy.
-My mom is cancer free!
And now for the Instagram repeats from the past 2 months in no particular order:
Jack Attack. Best dressed little toddler in all of Provo. His mom is mabes one of the funniest people I know.
Once upon a time I had an obsession with Draw Something. This is just one example of how all of my drawings do NOT look like. Mine usually look like scribbles and sticks. I haven't played in over a month now, and I apologize to those of you still nudging me to take my turn. The poison in my brain won't let me do the things I used to do before the terrible awful.
Once upon a time my foot fit into a size 5 little girl's shoe at Target.
Once upon a time I then bought that shoe for $10 and put it on my foot for the rest of the summer.
And another time, I started to get my domestic on and became pretty good at baking chocolate chip cookies.
Honestly, how can you not want to reach through the screen and kiss those cheeks?
We celebrate most occasions with Slab pizza. This time was because I quit my night job and had evenings free to party with my homies.
We are really good at going on girlfriend dates. This date was at Fat Cats. BTOML.
Once upon a time I was a lush (on non-alcoholic Martinelli's, duh). Also, I got into grad school on this day.
Don't be alarmed by my wardrobe. This is also post-workout.
Tipsyyyyyyy.
Once upon a time we went to Moab and saw cavemen drawings.
Once upon a time my best friends are better than yours.
Diva Eva hanging from a hanger like a little monkey.
Hunger Games midnight premiere with my homies.
Proof of the happy Draw Something times when we all played together on our various smart devices in the same room after midnight.
The University of Utah only wishes I chose them. No, but seriously. They keep sending me stuff like I'm in their program even though I already turned them down. GET.A.CLUE.
Once upon a time I went to the Holi Festival of Colors for the third and last time. Too much powder up in my lungs and every part of my body. Only good for pictures.
Yep, we definitely saw Titanic in 3D. I had only seen it on TV before, so of course I was in for some nudity surprises!
Teacher Appreciation week is actually the best week ever, did you know?
TWU doesn't know what's coming to them. I'm actually scared out of my mind, but also kind of really excited.
What? How did that get in there?! It's me as an Asian baby! SO CUTE!
Wedding number one! Walla Walla, WA for Katherine and Justin!
Wedding number 2! Alpine, UT for Rebecca and Kyle. FINALLY AFTER 3 YEARSSSSSSS!
Um it might be a little bit weird, but I have a picture of myself that's almost identical to this picture of Evabug. Mom, will you find it for me and scan it? pleaseandthanks.
Katie will never stop cleaning my room for me. And I will never stop being so grateful.
Soccer keeps me sane and the poisonous thoughts away. You probs can't tell, but that's an awful turf burn that hurts like h e double hockey sticks!
We are going through a virgin margarita /real deal kettle corn phase, and it's fine.
How could I not include this picture? We look perfect, and you look bad.
Best news in the entire world.
Seriously, nothing says happy summer like this drink right here.
I will now leave you with 2 videos that either make me laugh so much or feel like my heart won't explode.
In case you didn't catch what happened, adorable kindergartner Hannah let one go. Grad student Hannah never lets that happen nowadays. However, pretzels are still my favorite snack and I still laugh just like that. fo realz.
It might be slightly cheesy, but I really love the lyrics a lot a lot.
2 comments:
Welcome back, my Asian child. Loved your post. Love you. Can't wait to have you back as a roommate!
Um, ok, you are THE CUTEST ever. I love this post but I mostly love you in that video. SO ADORABLE I ALMOST DIED.
Post a Comment