Sunday, March 18, 2012

I know the heart of life is good.

Post title lyrics from my one and only Mr. Mayer.  Oh, what a dream boat!

10 Little Lovey Dovey Hannah things, v. 3
Special Edition: 10 things I'm most passionately in love with at this moment. 

1. My iPhone. Seriously, this is most definitely a sin, but I cannot live without it. I can watch cute little videos like this on it, plus do a million other amazing things. And it's my favorite thing ever when my texts turn to iMessages with fellow iPhone users. Cue some Instagrams:

Love my Baby Girl Eva and our back seat car rides together. 
Sticking to my goal of trying a new recipe each month! Check it out. 
I'm glad that at least one of us has been accepted to Grad School so far. YAY AMANDA! WE  LOVE MARTINELLI'S!
Homemade "Cinnabon" rolls that my Sexy Bexy made for us. 
2. My day job. Did you know that I'm a Speech Language Technician 4 days a week? I work with 30 adorably uniformed kids in individual/group therapy sessions and it's literally the best time of my life. Kids in uniforms? OMG IT'S THE CUTEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN.  I love these little guys so so so much. Even when they can't quite bring their tongues back to properly make the /r/ sound. Good thing I know what I want to be when I grow up, right?

3. Mexico. This week I bought mangos (mangoes?!) at Sunflower Market. But like the yellow kind we had in Mexico last summer. Did you know I lived in Mexico last summer? And so I just wanted to give a little shout out to that beautiful country that I miss dearly. I love you so much. Don't ever forget it.

4. Mexican Children. Listen, I'm not gonna talk even more about Mexico except to say this: In addition to my time at the Alpine school where the population is like 97% White,  I now work at an "inner city" dual immersion school in SLC where 97% of the students are Hispanic. My first day was Wednesday and oh my gosh, I walked through the front doors and fell head over heels in love. I was like this close to tears, people. THIS CLOSE. First of all, it brought back my favorite memories of Mexico. And second of all, if you think that white kids with speech disorders are cute, then get out of town because I promise you Hispanic kids with speech disorders are absolutely the sweetest things on this planet. There's just something about them that touches my heart so deeply, and I can't even contain my joy and happiness now that I'm working there.  And they switch off between Spanish and English so frequently it blows my mind. I LOVE MY DAY JOB.

5. Water. If there's one goal I've stuck to since New Year's,  it's drinking more water and less soda. I think I've only had like 3 sodas in 3 months, and that's really great for me. But I have come to love agua sooooo much. Our relationship is definitely to the next level, ifyouknowwhatimean.
And how embarrassing... I wrote nearly the same exact thing in my last blog post. It must be that important to me.

6. Temple. If there's two goals I've stuck to since New Year's, it's drinking more water and also going to the Temple once a week.  I love my time there and the peace that I feel. I totes recommend it.

7. My bed. Oh Mylanta. We're together right now and it's pure bliss. Sleep is my favorite luxury.

8. We Are Young. I can't stop listening to this song. I know I'm always behind the times lately with pop music, but this is the best. It's playing right now. NBD.

9. Let's just skip #9 and just talk about how my new Utah dentist sent me a thank you card. What? Yeah, that def happened.
Also, they wished me luck on grad school applications! Love those guys. 

10. Movies, but especially We Bought a ZooAll you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, just embarrassing bravery. Something great will come of it. Matt Damon, you promised. I'm living by these words in the next 2 weeks.



Stay tuned for blast from the past videos later this week. (To make up for the month long hiatus I took)

No comments: