Monday, July 04, 2011

God bless America, land that I love.

When your heart deeply desires to be in the USA celebrating Independence Day with all of your favorite patriotic activities and all of your favorite loved ones, you just gotta take the advice from a few Rolling Stones:

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.

bananapancakes
Banana pancakes for breakfast.
mexicankids
Mexican children for an afternoon snack.
jumpingamericans
Classic American Mormon jumping pose in appropriate patriotic colors.
patriotic
Valentina for the late afternoon snack. Both of us in our respective patriotic attire. 
hamburgers
Hamburguesas for dinner.
distanthamburg
Surely you must know by now, my Mexican life revolves around food and children. 
realfireworks
The fireworks show.
groupshot
Finale to our fun-filled day.


That'll do pig, that'll do.

Behold this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ. Ether 2:12

"I marvel at the miracle of America, the land which the God of Heaven long ago declared to be a land choice above all other lands. I love America for her great and brawny strength, I love her for her generous heart. I love her for her tremendous spiritual strengths. She is unique among the nations of the earth-- in her discovery, in her birth as a nation, in the amalgamation of the races that have come to her shores, in the strength of her government, in the goodness of her people. God bless America, for she is His creation. " -Gordon B. Hinckley, Stand a Little Taller
(I just purchased my own copy of this fantastic book on Amazon as a 4th of July gift to myself. Y'welcome, self. )

God bless America. My home, sweet home. 

1 comment:

emily. said...

i don't know how i feel about you calling her "valentina" and posing with her like she knows/maybe loves you.