Sunday, March 27, 2011

You're like the prettiest girl in the ward.

Please pardon the dust as I am in the process of redesigning the format of this blog.

I pretty much adored Katie Swainhart Derrick from the moment I saw her the first Sunday at church freshmen year. I sat behind her and she had the cutest bag, bright colorful sandals, and the most gorgeous green eyes I'd ever seen. When I found out she was my roommate's Visiting Teacher and she came over to give a lesson for the first time I think the first words I spoke to her were as the title says, "You're like the prettiest girl in the ward." Or something creepy like that. I think she avoided me at all times. But the next semester we discovered we had the same love for LOST on TV as we watched the season premiere together in the dorm hall lobby. Then everything else just clicked! Three and a half years later and we're still the best of friends. And I'm just as obsessed with her as I was freshmen year.

Today is this girl's 22nd birthday and I thought it only appropriate to list some memories and reasons why I love her! (and well, I have a research paper to procrastinate so I might as well blog, right?)

Halloween 2008
Just a few favorite memories include:
- laughing so hard at an inside joke at the HBLL we had to take a "lap" to the 3rd floor to contain our giggling fit
- every time she cleans and organizes my room. dare I say it's happened more than 3 times?
-the ADELE concert for my 20th birthday
-my first midnight movie showing to see Eclipse (as pictured below) as we swooned and possibly cried when Jacob Black came on screen
- the springtime sleepovers when she lived at Chatham Towne and late night movie watching in bed
- our obsession with Diego's before the "incident". Too graphic to talk about here and now.
-All things related to JB

Eclipse midnight premiere, June 2010

This girl is hilarious, witty, smart, stylish, sweet, kind, funny, hilarious, and the list goes on and on and on. Yes, I did say hilarious more than once. What can I say? Once obsessed with her, always obsessed with her. Same goes for Corrine Collins. Why do I admit the things I do?

Katie's wedding day, May 2010
Best [Asian] MOH you ever did see!

Best Time of My Life (BTOML) is almost always said anytime I'm with this girl and I wouldn't have it any other way! Happy Birthday, Katie Dearest! I hope your 22nd year brings you much happiness [and babies. jk jk jk jkkkkkk. kind of.]. Please don't forget about me when I get tan and leave you for Mexico!

xoxo

No comments: