*Post title refers to this song by Joshua James. Thanks to Em Norling for always making me such great mix CD with new songs to enjoy!
| 4 days before the chop at the cutest baby shower for Caroline Calkins and Baby Boy Asher. Notice the length just resting a little below that chest of mine. |
Apparently the Good Lord has come to my life in the form of me wanting to be a better, more Christlike person in 2012, and cutting my hair to a healthy length is just a bonus to that endeavor.
Here are my resolutions and goals for 2012. Enjoy!
Spiritual
Read the Book of Mormon in 100 days
Go to the Temple once a week
Be on time to Sacrament meeting at 9 AM on Sundays
Index once a week (basically actually do my calling this semester. Yep, it's a real calling here in Provo.)
Go to institute once a week
Read a conference talk a day (most likely once a week because sometimes life is just so busy!)
Physical Health
Only eat out on the weekends (Thanks for the motivation, Em Nor!)
No more soda (but if I have to give in, only one on the weekends!)
Get 8 hours of sleep
Be in bed before midnight
Do cardio workouts at least 5 days a week and strength training 2 days a week
Drink more water, eat more veggies and fruits, cut down on snacks, etc. etc. etc.
Incorporate more feta cheese into my everyday diet
Financial
Actually stick to my budget tightly this year and stop overspending on things I need want like clothing
Save for grad school, a Wii, an iPad, new car, etc. The list goes on and on. (Is it bad that I actually made a task list on gmail with "things I want when I get rich"? Probs not.)
Pay off my credit card and school loans ASAP by selling my body giving plasma and getting paid for it
Educational
Get into at least one grad school! Please, oh please! (6 applications: 5 in Texas and 1 in Utah. I have a huge fear of rejection so I'd rather not list the schools until I know for sure where I've been accepted)
Start a Master's program
Don't drop out of a Master's program
Develop better study habits other than the ones I had in my undergrad
Prepare for my speech therapy sessions better so my students can benefit more
Personal/Self-Improvement
Blog at least once a week (you get more than one post this week since I failed last week)
Write what I'm thankful for each day in a personal journal
Read 10 new books this year/ Go to the public library more often
Run a 5K (hopefully the Rex Lee Run in March)
Keep my room clean.. for realz!
Be nicer in general to everyone. We're all in this together.
Learn to braid my hair and other necessary skills that come with having future daughters...Tough one!
Make more crafts... once a month mabes?
Try a new recipe once a month
There you have it, in set in stone for all the world to see. Now I have to stick to these goals cuz all you people will hold me to them, right?!

1 comment:
Hannah Bee, I love your goals for the new year! I think it's going to be a great 2012 for you. Thanks for brightening my day with your post. And I really do love your haircut.
Mom
Post a Comment