It's only proper that I write my one and only post for November about the things I'm grateful for, right? It's not like every other blogger and their mother's are doing it too.
So here we go!
I am so very thankful for:
My parents, grandparents, and heck the whole fam damily! Seriously, guys. These people are my world and they offer the perfect kind of love and support I need to make it through the rough times (like maybe that one time when I was sad for the whole month of October in 2011 and therefore neglected my blog).
Airplanes! I can go home for Christmas and not worry about driving through snowy mountains and stuff like that.
Modern medicine! Way too many family members and friends are having problems with that cancer stuff and other terrible illnesses and thankfully there's a lot of medicine that can heal or slow down the spread of it.
Technology! Skyping with mi familia all the time is always a highlight of my week. And would you look at that! The whole fam damily is upgrading/has upgraded to smart phones so we'll all be having Skype chats anywhere we please. (I may be slightly in love/obsessed with my new iPhone 4s/Siri... is that bad?)
My old job as a personal assistant! Surprise! I don't work at my dream job anymore because I needed full time hours and he could only give me part time hours. I was pretty upset about it all when it happened, but without that job (even for the short time I was there) I wouldn't have been able to pay the rent! And if I would have stayed with it then I wouldn't be at...
My new job as a Speech Language Technician! With a lot of help from my Heavenly Father I saw the opening at just the right time and it all fell into place quite perfectly. This is an experience of a lifetime and just what I need to feel more prepared and confident for grad school in 8 months. I'm a very lucky girl with a very nice paycheck to prove it. But it's only 2 days a week so I'm looking for something else to supplement my income and for the moment I think I may be doing market research calls (just a means to an end!). If you know of anything else I should be applying to, please hook this girl up!
My education! I am so very fortunate and blessed to have attended such a wonderful school and to have been taught by such amazing people. Without my opportunity to attend college, I wouldn't have earned a degree that landed me this great job. There are so many people in this world who do not have the chance to go to college, so I've got a lot to be thankful for. (But that certainly doesn't mean I'm gonna start liking homework anytime soon, do you hear me?)
My taste buds and senses! Slab pizza and Blue Bell Ice cream. Need I say more?
My country! Living abroad this summer definitely made me appreciate America so much more. It's the land that I love and I am so thankful for all the men and women who serve for my freedom.
The gospel! I have the "good news" in my life and I'm so blessed. Jesus Christ is my Savior and I love Him with my whole heart!
Exercise! Wait... what?!? Sometimes I may have to drag myself there, but most of the time I am obsessed with Zumba and Kickboxing classes at Gold's gym and the way I feel afterwards.
This awesome new Christmas Lower Lights album! Especially Brooke White's voice in "I saw Three Ships"!
Exclamation points! Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em!
My health! My body! It's definitely not perfect, but I am so lucky to have all my limbs and a healthy immune system that allows me to do all the things I want to do.
My car! My new dream job is all the way in Alpine so I'm pretty lucky I have my own vehicle to get me where I need to go. (I know I already mentioned them, but I'll say it again! My grandparents are seriously the best and let me stay at their house 2 nights a week to make my early morning commute a lot shorter and my time in a warm bed a little longer. Sure love ya'll, Nan and Papa!)
My warm bed! My clothes! My hair! (That one may sound vain, but seriously, folks. Some people have diseases where their hair falls out, so I'll just keep counting my blessings for my long & luscious locks!) My fantastic friends! Wedding receptions with delicious food and beautiful people who inspire me to look forward to an eternal marriage instead of having a jaded attitude towards the young adult dating scene! My talents! My music! My apartment! Hulu! Hot chocolate!
The list goes on and on. The point is, I need to take the time to count my blessings more often. I probably wouldn't have very many sad Octobers if I just realized that I have a lot to be thankful for despite the things that aren't turning out quite right.
![]() |
| One of my favorite pins on Pinterest! |
![]() |
| Another favorite pin! |
| I threw this one in here for kicks and giggles. And really, how often do you get to see me looking like an Asian or even a Harajuku girl for that matter? More Halloween pictures can be found on the FB. If you're not living under some rock you've probs already seen them. |
Peace and blessings.
P.S. I'm not that thankful to be writing personal statements for grad school apps at the current moment, so if someone would like to volunteer and do that for me I'd be fine with it. In exchange, I'll feed you a yummy spinach salad with feta cheese and maybe a Fresca too... if you're lucky.


1 comment:
Well, look there, here it is. Thanks, Miranda! Here's to more blog posts in the near future! You're a funny girl, as always. I'm grateful for you as my oldest child, and I'm proud of you for keeping your chin up through a tough couple of weeks. You do have lots to be thankful for!
Mom
Post a Comment