*post title lyrics stolen from this song. obsessed.
Do you know Amanda Jane Johnson? She's only one of my very best friends in the entire world. She turned 25 over the holiday break and we wanted to throw her a surprise party to celebrate her surviving a quarter of a century. So her roommates and I (I'm practically their 4th roommate but I sleep upstairs) decided to make it happen at Nickel City with all of our super awesome friends. In doing so, I already met a few of my 2012 goals! See for yourselves, people that think I am incapable of baking anything.
Yes, I just linked to my grandmother's blog. Yes, she has a blog...welcome to the 21st century! Yes, she has no faith in my cooking skills. I'll prove her wrong this year, don't you even worry.
The before shot.
Amanda's brother, Trevor, being a huge help in every way possible while Bex and I baked our hearts out.
Amanda saw Bekah's car parked out front, but found no Bex anywhere in the house! We had to send a few fib texts to cover up where she really was (upstairs baking with me!) Then we had to confess all of the little lies we told that week after the party... so worth it!
I realize I should have probably taken a picture of me actually mixing ingredients more than me pulling them out of the oven to prove I really did make them myself. Live and learn. But I sure am adorable, no?
Found this recipe on Pinterest, duh. Self-frosting Nutella cupcakes. Yummy yum yums! Try at least one new recipe a month... check!
Us and our final products left to right: German Chocolate cupcakes, Carrot and Cream Cheese frosting cupcakes, and my cutie Nutella creations.
How did you even get her to the party without her knowing what was going on?! Guys! We had it so under control! I drove us to Institute (go to Institute once a week... check!) at 7 and when it was over we got in the car at 8:15 and I told her to put on a blindfold. She obeyed. (We've been doing 25 little daily birthday treats, so I just explained it was part of Day 3. She totally fell for it. Sucker!)
She's so cute! We totally surprised her! This is an action shot after everyone yelled "Surprise!"
Taking a group picture was an afterthought, so this was only part of the fantastic group of people that showed up. Probs like 20-25 people came overall. Great turn out! Mingle my heart out with people from the ward.... check!
Everyone gave Amanda their tickets (I kept like 500 for myself... oopsies. I love prizes, too!) and she ended up with over 3000 tix! How often do you walk away from an arcade like that with a board game for a prize?! What a treat!
What can we all learn from this post?
1) I know I'm gold in so many ways (especially at surprises and parties) even if I not the best baker yet. I will learn to bake slowly but surely, no matter what ye non-believers say! 2) I have the best bestest friends in the entire world and I love them so much. 3) Sarah (very left in the pic above) is so cute and even though she couldn't help with cupcake baking due to her life as a student, we love her anyway 4) Nutella in cupcake form is heaven. OMGHEAVEN.










5 comments:
I love this so much. You are the best ever. For realz. And those pictures are great. You captured it perfectly! Love you mean it!
Hannah Judd. Have I told you that you are the best friend EVER? You are always so thoughtful! Loved the pics. So proud of you for baking some yummy looking cupcakes! Excited to see what you make next!
oh.my.gosh.hannah. you are ridiculous. those cupcakes do look delicious...can we be friends so you'll make some for me?! :)
- Becks
Dear Hannah,
You are awesome!! So remember how I never responded to that text you sent me like a month ago? I'm terribly sorry about that. I was driving 2 hours home so I read it but couldn't respond and 1.75 hours later...ya, I forgot. But I am here to tell you I think you are great and I am thrilled you are blogging once a week because you are hilarious and I need an occasional laugh in this undergrad vida of mine. Also, I love your hair cut. You are brave. The end.
Brittan
Post a Comment