Sunday, May 22, 2011

our house, in the middle of our street.

Per request of my American mother, I will now take you through a mini tour of my host house in pictures. There are only a few, just to give you a small taste of the colors and style. I will be hosting our "First Month Here" Fiesta this weekend and I'm sure there will be plenty more photographs taken then.

And I should also note that the quality of these photos should automatically tell you I am not a photographer by any means, nor will I ever pretend to be one. Just someone living the life snapping shots here and there for the memories. So just remember that when you see a broom on the floor and you think it ruins the picture, Mom.


This was taken upstairs through the window screen. I like to think of that area as the 'courtyard', which separates my family from their grandmother, Abuelita. I call her "Tita". She lives just up those stairs in her own apartment. She's adorable, duh. 


This is right outside my room upstairs in the TV room. I just wanted to show how awesome the natural lighting is here. So many windows everywhere! Which also helps with the natural cooling system since they don't have A/C, and I am totes okay with that. 


TV room! Those stairs lead to the most gorgeous rooftop where the Fiesta will take place. I may or may not have watched half of a pirated copy of Tron: Legacy in Spanish here. Did weird zeroes and loud cheering pop up at every good part when I tried to watch in English? Why yes, they did! All part of the illegal experience!


Dining room! 


I am always smiling when I walk up these stairs. Colorful walls make me so happy!


I love my courtyard. And alllllllll the plants and flowers. We also have cutie parrots in a cage not pictured here.


Living room! The dining room table is on the other side of this room. The whole house is covered in tile, which is also awesome and nice for cleaning. 


This is the family and I at the park tonight. We were serenaded by a fun little band and cute couples danced in the center. I love love loved it. Plus the weather was so dreamy and perfect!

                                              

And this is Kimi (Kee-Mee) and I sitting in our courtyard with all the pretty plants. Kimi is the family Dachschund dog who so lovingly barks at cats in the early hours of the morning to wake us all up. 

So if you can't tell or don't already know, I really really really really love this family and this house. I am totes blessed to be where I am for the next 3 months, and I just wanted to share the love with you peeps.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

I posted a comment, and then it said it was from Jacob, so I deleted it! I loooove all the bright colors in the house. I would love to paint my house like that! It gives me a really good idea of where you are staying. You are very lucky to be in such a nice home for your stay in Mejico!

Unknown said...

oh em hannah. love the house, so cute.