Monday, May 16, 2011

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt

Forget what I said in an earlier post about rules. I already did.


Me and Fany (short for Estafania). I am in love with these precious Mexican names. 

Left to right, back to front:  Juan Angel, Emiliano, Kenia, Marian

The kids have an "opening time" everyday before we split into groups and practice English. We remind them of the rules of the classroom and talk about the day of the week and the weather and then we sing or teach new English songs e.g. Popcorn Popping, Tootie Ta, Do Your Ears Hang Low, Down By The Banks, etc. I had been dying to teach them one of my favorite childhood songs and so last week I finally wrote it on a popsicle stick and threw it into the mix. Thank goodness they love it just as much as I do and started singing it in the middle of class so that I could record it for you all to see. Maybe it's stuck in my head all the time now, and I sort of love it.  It's either that or JB, and both are equally wonderful to be humming all day. 

.
Left to right: Juan Diego, Ian, Fany (I love love love Ian's chubby cheeks, don't you?)

Please say you remember singing along with this song on a few Barney episodes. 

I could not resist. I just couldn't! These kids are seriously the cutest things on this planet and I am so very lucky to be able to teach them. Even if it is an enormous challenge, it's totes worth it at the end of the day. And I hope that my skin is as brown as theirs by the time I'm done in August. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hannah! I love that you are teaching the cute Mexican children! So you should totally pull out some old girls camp songs because the kids will love them! Like Hermy the worm, wadiliatcha, baby bumble bee, and whatever else you remember. Have fun!

emileigh norling said...

Oh my gosh. I am IN LOVE with those little guys. They are adorbs and I am so tempted to fly to Mexico to visit you and the little cuties.
P.S. Ever since you left to Mexico I've become slightly obsessed. I pretty much just want to be you.
1437!!