Sunday, April 17, 2011

Graduate Record Examination in Pictures

Listen, you're about to see a glimpse of how I looked and felt the day I took the GRE. This is my journal after all gosh darnit. And you might feel overwhelmed with pictures. NBD. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the greenness of my eyes, the sunshine of my soul, and anything else I felt like capturing with my camera. Totes sorry if the pictures seem like they are cutting into my sidebar links. I don't know what happened.

Time and time again Katie has told me to dress for success. So I knew I couldn't wear pajamas while taking the GRE. But I knew that I could dress comfortably and wear layers in case it was too cold or too hot. Cute socks and comfy slippers are not the worst fashion decisions anyone has ever made. Sue me!


Had to represent mi padre and get some snacks from hurr. He works for corporate 7-11 and we may or may not get free Slurpees all the time. Jeals?




Can I go anywhere without using my handy dandy Sprint GPS system? No and no. Also, I must note that I left my house at 10:15 for the test that started at 12:30 just 15 minutes away. If you know me at all, you know I couldn't possibly risk leaving any later than that.


This is where the magic happens. So magical in fact a woman actually left crying because she had to forfeit $130 and the Praxis test because her middle name didn't match the one on her drivers' license. I felt so bad!




These next photos are only a few of the many I took of myself to entertain myself so I didn't have an anxiety attack before taking the test. Stress and I are worst enemies.



"Candid" shot at a stop light as it turned green. Livin' on the edge I tell ya.


This face says, "Please, oh please do not make me take this test. WTOML!"

And this is a sample of what I entertained myself with for approximately 3 hours. Much more fun than picture taking, obvi.



And this face says, "My brain hurts lots. SO glad to be doneeeeeeeeeee. I wonder how long my eyelashes look when my eyes are closed."


And this is me talking to my parents afterward so they could validate me and make me feel a tiny bit proud of myself. They are the bomb.com.




And then Katie rescued me and took me to Pei Wei where I looked nuts. So nuts that I can't even keep my headband from sliding off my head causing me to look like a homeless person. And maybe I was a little nuts after sitting for 3.5 hours staring at a computer screen using all my physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual energy. And I was also starving because the last thing I had eaten were a few NUTS from some trail mix 3 hours before. Hence the three fortune cookies in front of me.


And there you have it. Just me and the GRE, just havin' some good times. To be completely honest, I meant to prepare for it months in advance. But life happened. And by life, I mean Senioritis happened. And we all know what a toll that took on me. So, I barely studied the week before. And I'm actually quite pleased with how I did considering I did minimal preparation. It can only get better with more practice! If you are bored to tears after this post, just come back later when I post even more pictures of myself at my Fiesta with Mi Amigos and perhaps Jimmer.

xo

2 comments:

The Hands said...

You have some seriously pretty eyes. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, I'm pretty sure the answer to #13 is C.

emily marie said...

YOU KNOW JIMMER??????????