Thursday, February 24, 2011

Livin' La Vida Without the Loca


Mase - Welcome Back
Uploaded by blackdesperadoo. - Explore more music videos.

Oh Heavenly Heavens! I had never heard this song until the trip. It was on a mix CD Greg made and I fell in love with it. I won't tell you how many times I've played it since being back. And we played it as we rolled back into Provo on to University Ave Monday evening. I just love the [black] children singing! And maybe you first heard this in 2007. I tend to be out of the loop when it comes to "black people" music. Sue me.

Listen, I'm gonna have most of these pictures and more on Facebook soon enough. So just chill out about the collage format of them. I get excited about collages and I just went with it. Okay?

Party people guest list:
Lindsey Muir (gal pal also studying ComD with me. we go way back)
Greg Johnson (Lindsey's cousin)
Jacob Taylor (Greg's freshmen roommate/Lindsey's arm candy)
Hannah Banana Montana Fontana ( coolgirl with the shiny hair and Asian eyes)

Automobile of choice: 1998 Buick Le Sabre (we later named it Mishu [MEE-shu]. long story.)

Destination: Irvine, CA where Lindsey's from

Day 1:


We left Provo Thursday afternoon around 4:30 PM. We stopped in St. George for din din at Denny's. I was already giggling my head off by then. Turns out, Greg is a very goofy boy. Almost too goofy. And it also turns out, Denny's dinner food is not that great. Take my word for it.

Day 2:



On Friday we headed to the beach for lunch before the rain came. Ruby's on the Pier! Of course I took a picture of my food. This food happens to be called the "Super Ruby" and it's a burger on Parmesan sourdough bread with provolone and avocado. Deliciouso? Of course. Did I keep track of the calories consumed this weekend? Of course NOT.

We went to Downtown Disney that night (it's the shops and restaurants just outside the entrance to the Magic Kingdom) and walked around.

Not pictured: My new Lego astronaut keychain from the Lego store. Me with giant characters made from Legos like Woody, Transformers, and a cutie giraffe (opulence. i has it) how could i resist adding my favorite line from my favorite commercial featuring a giraffe?

We ended the night with Yogurtland frozen yogurt. I wasn't expecting much considering how many different places we have in town, but it was honestly impressive and so tasty. My new fav!

Day 3:



Saturday started out lovely with no rain clouds in sight. It was a tad windy, but still gorgeous. We headed to the place called "OC Great Park" where there is a giant orange hot air balloon on cables that citizens can ride for free and see all of the area from the sky. Due to high winds, it wasn't operating. But we still rode the merry-go-round and took lots of silly pictures. Next on the agenda was the Spectrum shopping center and Chipotle. I went over my budget and bought a few lovely things from H&M and the huge Forever 21. Don't tell my Dad.

My older cousin and her family live in San Clemente (just 20ish minutes outside Irvine) and so I spent the evening with them while my party peeps went to an Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Lindsey's lil bro. I enjoyed take out from Panera and old school Mario on the Wii with my cousin's kids. Complete bliss.

Note to self: Grow up. Get married. Have beautiful mixed race children. Move to San Clemente.


Day 4:



We went to Lindsey's home ward Sunday morning. Elder Christofferson's brother is from there. He spoke. It was awesome. Then we headed down to San Diego where Jacob's fam lives. We ate yummy dinner and had the time of our lives. Turns out Jacob is also an oldest child with really young parents- JUST.LIKE.ME. They were hilarious and so much fun. That's his pretty blonde sister pictured with us. Then we went a little further to see the San Diego Temple. We walked around, but mostly took approx 890 pictures. Then we headed back to Lindsey's casa and played Skipbo with her fam.

Last day:




We woke up super early Monday morning to head back to Provo. Greg snapped this picture of Lindsey's dog, Barney, who happens to be my favorite English lab in the world. Oh, I just love him! Then we stopped in Vegas for lunch at In-N-Out. I keep thinking of things to write to make this sound more exciting or funny, but its all a bunch of inside jokes that you wouldn't find funny.



I decided to share some pictures that I find cute. And maybe to display how much Greg makes me laugh. The booty shakin' picture is due to a dare. Every time we ate out somewhere we played the sugar passing game. When we played at Ruby's we decided that if I won, he had to kiss the pier outside covered in bird poop. (But not a bird poop spot, gross!) And if he won I had to shimmy, booty shake, and body roll in Jacob's personal space at some point. And there you have it. I lost and performed my tricks at Yogurtland and it was AWESOME.

All in all, this was seriously an amazing weekend and I had a really fantastic time. I'm so glad we did it and made it safely there and back.

But now my willpower to do anything productive has dropped so low it's astonishing. Por ejemplo: I put off studying for my Floral ID Exam until 1 hour before. I almost didn't take it for fear of failure. But because I am one heck of a memorizer [40 questions about common names, botanical names, root words, inflorescences, etc. ] I was able to pull it off and ace it. Or so I think. We'll see next week.

It will take every last drop of brain power I have left to make it through these next 8 weeks. I seriously hope I don't drop out!

xoxo

No comments: