I saw this cute little video on Katie's wall today and wanted to share it with my main peeps, duh, because I'm all about sharing the love this September. Life is really quite grand right now, and I'm feeling the love all over the place. I suppose you want to know what's been going on with me and stuff like that, so here's a post in pictures of happenings since I've been back in America. ¡ Buen Provecho !
For starters, Mexican BabyGirl Vale. Just because I miss her so much.
As soon as we got off the plane from Mexico we drove to south Texas to visit our REAL MEXICAN FAMILY (basically we flew a bunch of miles just to drive halfway back). This Czech Stop was one of our many fun stops along the way.
We literally could not believe we were back in America and everyone spoke English.
Best snow cones on this planet are located at Young's Sno-Wiz in McAllen, TX. FYI. Each of us probably consumed at least 6 during the 3 days we were there. OOPSIES.
We spent a lot of time in the pool with this precious little 5 yr old second cousin, Alec. He's a champion whistler. I'm 22 and I still don't know how to whistle. (or braid my own hair. no big deal, right?)
We also celebrated Em's 20th birthday in McAllen. Our abuela certainly makes us giggle. I wish I could remember what she said here.
Alec was really good at helping Em open her gifts, which happened to be mostly kitchen/sewing things. What else is new?
When we got back to McKinney (my hometown) we had to scramble to help younger brother Jacob finish his senior parking space. I wish I could find the picture of mine from years ago. This is one of my favorite traditions at McKinney High School. Did you get to do something similar your senior year?
There are some really talented artists in this class of 2012. I am quite the perfectionist, so I don't dare interfere with someone else's hard work. So I was only allowed to take pictures of everything while everyone else painted. Typical.
Team Jacob! Get it?! He's quite the Renaissance Man, involved in so many activities like Cross Country, Wrestling, Head Hunters, and Broadcasting. His older sisters hardly compared when we were his age, but one of us still managed to graduate college in 4 years. NBD.
This kid has serious style. Benefits of having older sisters, I believe. First day of 12th grade!
And this kid can do no wrong. Ever! First day of 8th grade!
Mother Dearest treated Em and I to mani/pedis after all that walking around the dirty streets of Mexico. Someone has a serious sandal tan line. Who me? Couldn't be! (note to self: eyebrow waxing really irritates your skin. just say no next time!)
Boyfriend Jack Attack celebrated his 6 month half birthday last weekend. I think more people should celebrate half birthdays. Great excuse to eat ice cream...and you know how I feel about ice cream.
His momma, who I call Brookie Cookie, picked out a delicious Baskin Robbins Snicker's ice cream cake and invited a few of us over to celebrate. Love that family!
After cake, he stripped down to his birthday suit and diaper for bed time. Our skin colors are identical! Guess we both spent a fair amount of time at the pool this summer.
Look what his Mexican girlfriend brought back for him! A team Mexico miniature soccer jersey! What's cuter than anything in miniature form? Um, nothing. Wait a second, didn't she just say she's Mexican? Her eyes say differently...
Fits perfectly! Notice the MEXICO written on the back? It's official. My boyfriend plays for the Mexican futbol team. Jealous?
Since being home, I do a lot of errand running and chauffeuring people around. So who can blame me when I sneak in a few cartons of my favorite drink with the other items my momma asked me to pick up at Walmart at 10 PM?
I've also had a lot more time to spend with my favorite little brothers, which is fantastic. I forgot to document it at the theater, so this picture was taken after our movie date to see my other boyfriend in Planet of the Apes. Sure do love that guy. And those apes!
Sometimes this is the kind of face you make when you take pictures in your parked car on your driveway. NBD.
And this is me at this moment while writing this blog post. I just got these new spectacles today and I'm obsessed with them. Also, my other recent obsessions include Crest Whitening strips, and therefore I didn't feel like smiling.
But wait! I decided to smile awkwardly with them on instead. NERD ALERT! (Embarassing fact #498, the bridge of my nose is pretty much non-existent, just ask my mom. Therefore, I usually push my glasses up or hold them like so for a picture)
What's this adorable picture doing here? Oh, yeah! This precious pregnant lady is flying out to Dallas next Wednesday to visit me! And then we shall make the journey together back to Provo in my automobile with Texas license plates! And it shall be the best time of our lives! And then I'll be in Provo! And then I will play with all my friends that I've missed for the past 4 months! Hooray!
So yeah, peeps. That's about it. While everyone is away at school or work, I'm just at home looking for jobs, writing cover letters (mostly pretending), G-chatting, texting, working out, sometimes chauffeuring brothers to orthodontist appointments, blog stalking, TV watching, protein smoothie making, cleaning, tanning, going on Friday lunch dates with parentals, or Facebooking.
Such is the life of an unemployed college grad, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Please don't make me be a real grown up yet.
























2 comments:
love this hannah! sometimes (okay, all the time) i miss being an unemployed grad. however, making money is a pretty sweet deal as well.
but a question: has your camera on your mac ever...stopped working? like, mine just shows black. it says it's on, but i don't see my face staring back at me. which means i can't take awesome pics of myself, or skype with anyone. any solutions? (besides taking it to the apple store since i just don't have the funds for that at the moment...)
1) That's a pretty bodacious tan, though it doesn't make you look any less Asian. ;)
2) I think your Mac flipped Texas around backwards... unless that's how it actually was. :)
Post a Comment